People & Process
People in the field of user experience are taught that empathy for the end-user is the holy grail. We believe that, by studying your fellow project team members and identifying their needs, you can develop another type of empathy, one that may prove to be more important for business success.
We will explain the concept of communication styles, help you identify your own style and that of co-workers. By walking you through the extended user experience design process and introducing stereotypes of the people you will meet on the way, we will show you how to adapt your style to others, to ensure you will be heard during the process.
freelance Creative Director UX at UX Team of Two
Birgit is a freelance Creative Director UX, enthusiastic about creating harmony between functionality and aesthetics, finding the perfect balance between business and user goals. During her 16 years of professional experience in the US & Europe, Birgit used her strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability to help cross-functional and cross-cultural teams in creating a respectful and enjoyable team environment. Birgit is IxDA's Regional Coordinator for Europe & Africa and founder and local leader of the IxDA Hamburg chapter. She presented at national and international conferences, and taught workshops mainly for the news publishing industry.
freelance Interaction Designer and Design Process Consultant at UX Team of Two
Peter Boersma (1970) is a freelance interaction designer and process design consultant.
He has over 15 years of experience with designing for complex, interactive, digital systems. He can perform user research and usability evaluations, will identify business opportunities based on stakeholder interviews and competitive research, develops appropriate high-level concepts and documents the resulting designs for the user interfaces. At most of his former employers, he made himself responsible for documenting the design processes, optimizing and promoting them, both inside and outside the organization. He would like to do the same for his clients.
Peter has presented at (and organized) many national and international User Experience conferences. Since 2001, he organizes the Amsterdam UX Cocktail Hours.
- Bas Evers Content Designer at Informaat
- Boon Yew Chew Information Architect at SapientNitro
- Chris Noessel Managing Director at Cooper
- Chrissy Welsh Senior UX/UI designer at Cloud9 IDE
- Claire Rowland Service Design Manager at AlertMe.com
- Dean Janssen Product Designer at Hiro
- Erik Roscam Abbing Founder at Zilver Innovation
- Geke van Dijk Strategy Director at STBY
- Gijs Burgmeijer Interaction Designer at IceMobile
- Koen van Turnhout Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Sander Leer Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Emiel Ruis Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Lane Becker Author at Get Lucky
- Lonneke Spinhof Usability Researcher at Humix
- Marc Fonteijn Creative Director at 31Volts
- Mark Zeh Design and Innovation consultant at Mark Zeh Innovation
- Martin Groen User Experience Consultant at Virtual Affairs
- Miranda de Groot User Experience Lead at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Sander de Groot Publishing Director at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Peter Boermans CPO & Co-Founder at Olery
- Pieter Jongerius Partner at Fabrique
- Rachel Hinman Senior Research Scientist at Nokia Research
- Ruben Timmerman Founder & Chief User Experience at Springest
- Paul Veugen Founder & CEO at Usabilla
- Nick Stevens Entrepeneur and Global Facilitator at Startup Weekend
- Susanne van Mulken Senior user experience consultant at Informaat
- Taco Ekkel VP Product Design at ProQuest
- Thijs Vieleers Director Business & Product Development at Funda
- Ruud Martens Managing Director at Independer
- Tjeerd van Zandwijk marketing manager at Zoover & MeteoVista
- Thomas Visser Design researcher at Essense, ID-Studiolab
- Tom Illmensee Director of User Experience at Snagajob
- Bogdan Stanciu Information Architect at Snagajob
- Wouter Sluis-Thiescheffer User Research Consultant at User Intelligence
- Brian Pagán User Experience Consultant at User Intelligence