Failing fast for quick wins - The lean UX quick start
It’s not just lean startups that need to make snap decisions, iterate quickly and adapt... companies in crisis, businesses looking to excel and basic product improvement can all benefit from Lean UX.
So how do you start?
This is not a definitive guide but a quick start to help you fail fast and iterate quickly. I will show you how to “Write the test first” and set out your hypothesis to align check it with your brand. From there I will show you how to wireframe your logic and build it rough and ready. We then consider how to evaluate your hypothesis, what tools you can use and if it works we refine our idea and move it forward. Finally, I outline the importance of never being afraid to scrap anything which doesn’t work.
Senior UX/UI designer at Cloud9 IDE
Chrissy Welsh is a Senior UX/UI designer for Cloud9 IDE, based in Amsterdam.
She is interested in the potential of ‘bleeding edge’ technologies in user experience design to help make products easy and pleasurable to use. She has over 10 years design experience and has worked with a variety of industries including software development, healthcare and education.
Before Cloud9 IDE, Chrissy was a user interface designer for Vamosa. She designed cloud based monitoring systems, data migration software, client-facing web sites, end-investor tools and internal applications. She started her career in design as an opinionated web developer.
Chrissy has an honours degree in Applied Graphics with Multimedia Technology from Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland. When not writing grandiose bios she can be found drinking tea and drawing animals in hats.
- Bas Evers Content Designer at Informaat
- Birgit Geiberger freelance Creative Director UX at UX Team of Two
- Peter Boersma freelance Interaction Designer and Design Process Consultant at UX Team of Two
- Boon Yew Chew Information Architect at SapientNitro
- Chris Noessel Managing Director at Cooper
- Claire Rowland Service Design Manager at AlertMe.com
- Dean Janssen Product Designer at Hiro
- Erik Roscam Abbing Founder at Zilver Innovation
- Geke van Dijk Strategy Director at STBY
- Gijs Burgmeijer Interaction Designer at IceMobile
- Koen van Turnhout Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Sander Leer Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Emiel Ruis Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Lane Becker Author at Get Lucky
- Lonneke Spinhof Usability Researcher at Humix
- Marc Fonteijn Creative Director at 31Volts
- Mark Zeh Design and Innovation consultant at Mark Zeh Innovation
- Martin Groen User Experience Consultant at Virtual Affairs
- Miranda de Groot User Experience Lead at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Sander de Groot Publishing Director at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Peter Boermans CPO & Co-Founder at Olery
- Pieter Jongerius Partner at Fabrique
- Rachel Hinman Senior Research Scientist at Nokia Research
- Ruben Timmerman Founder & Chief User Experience at Springest
- Paul Veugen Founder & CEO at Usabilla
- Nick Stevens Entrepeneur and Global Facilitator at Startup Weekend
- Susanne van Mulken Senior user experience consultant at Informaat
- Taco Ekkel VP Product Design at ProQuest
- Thijs Vieleers Director Business & Product Development at Funda
- Ruud Martens Managing Director at Independer
- Tjeerd van Zandwijk marketing manager at Zoover & MeteoVista
- Thomas Visser Design researcher at Essense, ID-Studiolab
- Tom Illmensee Director of User Experience at Snagajob
- Bogdan Stanciu Information Architect at Snagajob
- Wouter Sluis-Thiescheffer User Research Consultant at User Intelligence
- Brian Pagán User Experience Consultant at User Intelligence