ABN AMRO. Banking reinvented
Mobile devices are overtaking PCs as medium of choice. People perceive them as their most personal possession. Banking is an extremely important activity in our lives, and one we deal with every day. Therefore mobile is the obvious channel to enhance the way people handle their money.
Through user-centred design, a holistic banking experience was created, with a focus on the personal and emotional. The service, developed for iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry, mirrors the ease of offline banking, and improves upon this by incorporating visual and social touch-points, reinventing banking in the digital space.
In this presentation, Gijs will take you for a "behind the scenes" of some of the key design moments during the development of ABN AMRO Mobiel Bankieren. And shows how a solid, visionary design strategy lead to a complete overhaul of the bank's digital channels.
Interaction Designer at IceMobile
After studying in The Netherlands and Germany, Gijs started his career at Fjord Berlin, one of the few international design consultancy agencies focussed on the mobile domain in the pre-iPhone era.
Following his time at Fjord, Gijs continued to work as a freelancer on a variety of projects, including self-initiated explorations in the fields of art, design and technology.
In 2009, Gijs was invited to move to San Francisco to continue this work for various start-ups, helping them shape their concepts and ship their services. While there, Gijs rediscovered his passion for mobile, which lead him to move back to Amsterdam to work as interaction designer with leading mobile agency ICEMOBILE, developing award winning apps and services used by millions of people.
- Bas Evers Content Designer at Informaat
- Birgit Geiberger freelance Creative Director UX at UX Team of Two
- Peter Boersma freelance Interaction Designer and Design Process Consultant at UX Team of Two
- Boon Yew Chew Information Architect at SapientNitro
- Chris Noessel Managing Director at Cooper
- Chrissy Welsh Senior UX/UI designer at Cloud9 IDE
- Claire Rowland Service Design Manager at AlertMe.com
- Dean Janssen Product Designer at Hiro
- Erik Roscam Abbing Founder at Zilver Innovation
- Geke van Dijk Strategy Director at STBY
- Koen van Turnhout Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Sander Leer Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Emiel Ruis Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Lane Becker Author at Get Lucky
- Lonneke Spinhof Usability Researcher at Humix
- Marc Fonteijn Creative Director at 31Volts
- Mark Zeh Design and Innovation consultant at Mark Zeh Innovation
- Martin Groen User Experience Consultant at Virtual Affairs
- Miranda de Groot User Experience Lead at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Sander de Groot Publishing Director at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Peter Boermans CPO & Co-Founder at Olery
- Pieter Jongerius Partner at Fabrique
- Rachel Hinman Senior Research Scientist at Nokia Research
- Ruben Timmerman Founder & Chief User Experience at Springest
- Paul Veugen Founder & CEO at Usabilla
- Nick Stevens Entrepeneur and Global Facilitator at Startup Weekend
- Susanne van Mulken Senior user experience consultant at Informaat
- Taco Ekkel VP Product Design at ProQuest
- Thijs Vieleers Director Business & Product Development at Funda
- Ruud Martens Managing Director at Independer
- Tjeerd van Zandwijk marketing manager at Zoover & MeteoVista
- Thomas Visser Design researcher at Essense, ID-Studiolab
- Tom Illmensee Director of User Experience at Snagajob
- Bogdan Stanciu Information Architect at Snagajob
- Wouter Sluis-Thiescheffer User Research Consultant at User Intelligence
- Brian Pagán User Experience Consultant at User Intelligence