Panel: 10 years of UX in Dutch internet companies
Thijs Vieleers (Funda), Ruud Martens (Independer) en Tjeerd van Zandwijk (Zoover) will discuss how UX is embedded within their organization and what the impact of UX design is on the success of their companies.
Issues that will be discussed:
- Impact /ROI: What is the impact of UX on the business? How can this impact grow?
- Organizational: What is the best way to organize UX within a company? How should UX relate to marketing, ICT or others fields? What are the most successful workflows?
- E-commerce vs Service: is UX differently integrated within companies that are service oriented than in companies that are sales oriented?
- Dutch: In what way are the sites of the panel members ‘typically Dutch’? How do they differ from sites in the US or other European countries?
This session is moderated by Thomas Hamer (Mirabeau)
Director Business & Product Development at Funda
After setting up for ING the free internet provider, Freeler, Thijs Vieleers started in 2001 the residential property site, funda.nl, an initiative of the NVM. In its early years, he was responsible for the user experience design for which which he won several prizes. He later led the web development department, and funda.nl grew to become the most popular residential property site in the Netherlands. Thijs joined the board in 2007 and is currently the Director of Business and Product Development. Funda has currently 70 employees and ranks among the most successful Internet companies in the Netherlands.
Managing Director at Independer
Ruud studied Business Administration at the Technical University of Eindhoven. Afterwards, he worked for four years at ABN AMRO on the development and launch of its successful AIr Miles rewards program. Next stop was New York in 1995, where as Director of In-Store Banking for European American Bank, he created and managed the retail division. After participating in a round-the-world sailing competition in 1999, he came back to the Netherlands and joined the founding members of Independer.nl as a member of the Management Team. Ruud was responsible for operations, business, strategy and innovation, among others. He took on the role of Managing Director in 2001. The continuous pursuit of innovation is Ruud's great passion.
Tjeerd van Zandwijk
marketing manager at Zoover & MeteoVista
- Bas Evers Content Designer at Informaat
- Birgit Geiberger freelance Creative Director UX at UX Team of Two
- Peter Boersma freelance Interaction Designer and Design Process Consultant at UX Team of Two
- Boon Yew Chew Information Architect at SapientNitro
- Chris Noessel Managing Director at Cooper
- Chrissy Welsh Senior UX/UI designer at Cloud9 IDE
- Claire Rowland Service Design Manager at AlertMe.com
- Dean Janssen Product Designer at Hiro
- Erik Roscam Abbing Founder at Zilver Innovation
- Geke van Dijk Strategy Director at STBY
- Gijs Burgmeijer Interaction Designer at IceMobile
- Koen van Turnhout Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Sander Leer Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Emiel Ruis Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Lane Becker Author at Get Lucky
- Lonneke Spinhof Usability Researcher at Humix
- Marc Fonteijn Creative Director at 31Volts
- Mark Zeh Design and Innovation consultant at Mark Zeh Innovation
- Martin Groen User Experience Consultant at Virtual Affairs
- Miranda de Groot User Experience Lead at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Sander de Groot Publishing Director at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Peter Boermans CPO & Co-Founder at Olery
- Pieter Jongerius Partner at Fabrique
- Rachel Hinman Senior Research Scientist at Nokia Research
- Ruben Timmerman Founder & Chief User Experience at Springest
- Paul Veugen Founder & CEO at Usabilla
- Nick Stevens Entrepeneur and Global Facilitator at Startup Weekend
- Susanne van Mulken Senior user experience consultant at Informaat
- Taco Ekkel VP Product Design at ProQuest
- Thomas Visser Design researcher at Essense, ID-Studiolab
- Tom Illmensee Director of User Experience at Snagajob
- Bogdan Stanciu Information Architect at Snagajob
- Wouter Sluis-Thiescheffer User Research Consultant at User Intelligence
- Brian Pagán User Experience Consultant at User Intelligence