Panel: Startups Speak Up
This panel session, featuring several promising or already successful Dutch startups with strong UX foundations, will try to answer questions such as:
- what does it take to run a design-oriented startup?
- how do you defend design in talks with investors, marketeers, partners?
- when to hire your first designer?
- how does design contribute to your success?
Questions from the audience will be solicited by the moderator; come prepared with your question!
Founder & Chief User Experience at Springest
Ruben is founder of Springest, currently active in The Netherlands, Germany, UK, Belgium and Russia. Springest helps people grow by bringing together everything you can learn from. Training courses, education programmes, tests, articles, questions, books, events, etc. Users of the learning platform get recommendations, discounts, reviews and create their own "Springest Go" for use within their organisation.
Ruben comes from the world of online marketing and usability research. He wrote articles on UX and conversion on his blog Usarchy.com and founded the agency SearchResult.
Founder & CEO at Usabilla
Paul founded Usabilla (http://usabilla.com), the most fun and easy way to collect feedback on a website. His strong focus on product design and excellent customer support helped to grow Usabilla into one of the most used products for design feedback, used by companies like LinkedIN, Facebook, Sony, and Yahoo. Add one line of HTML to your website to add a Usabilla button. Visitors can use the feedback button to give instant visual feedback on top of your webpage. In his current role as founder and evangelist Paul works with the product and marketing team to continuously improve Usabilla's products and helps customers to surprise their users. Paul studied Communication Sciences at Tilburg University. He's an undercover designer, secretly likes spreadsheets, and rides his race bike as much as possible.
Entrepeneur and Global Facilitator at Startup Weekend
A British expat living in The Netherlands, Nick has more than a decade of corporate operations management experience, and about half as much again in the small business world. He doesn’t code, but considers himself to be somewhat geeky, with a fascination about UI/UX and is a process/systems thinking nerd. He currently has a profitable B2B startup and several other ventures. He joined Startup Weekend because he loves to enable creative people to chase their dreams.
- Bas Evers Content Designer at Informaat
- Birgit Geiberger freelance Creative Director UX at UX Team of Two
- Peter Boersma freelance Interaction Designer and Design Process Consultant at UX Team of Two
- Boon Yew Chew Information Architect at SapientNitro
- Chris Noessel Managing Director at Cooper
- Chrissy Welsh Senior UX/UI designer at Cloud9 IDE
- Claire Rowland Service Design Manager at AlertMe.com
- Dean Janssen Product Designer at Hiro
- Erik Roscam Abbing Founder at Zilver Innovation
- Geke van Dijk Strategy Director at STBY
- Gijs Burgmeijer Interaction Designer at IceMobile
- Koen van Turnhout Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Sander Leer Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Emiel Ruis Lecturer at Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
- Lane Becker Author at Get Lucky
- Lonneke Spinhof Usability Researcher at Humix
- Marc Fonteijn Creative Director at 31Volts
- Mark Zeh Design and Innovation consultant at Mark Zeh Innovation
- Martin Groen User Experience Consultant at Virtual Affairs
- Miranda de Groot User Experience Lead at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Sander de Groot Publishing Director at Data Solution Group at Reed Business
- Peter Boermans CPO & Co-Founder at Olery
- Pieter Jongerius Partner at Fabrique
- Rachel Hinman Senior Research Scientist at Nokia Research
- Susanne van Mulken Senior user experience consultant at Informaat
- Taco Ekkel VP Product Design at ProQuest
- Thijs Vieleers Director Business & Product Development at Funda
- Ruud Martens Managing Director at Independer
- Tjeerd van Zandwijk marketing manager at Zoover & MeteoVista
- Thomas Visser Design researcher at Essense, ID-Studiolab
- Tom Illmensee Director of User Experience at Snagajob
- Bogdan Stanciu Information Architect at Snagajob
- Wouter Sluis-Thiescheffer User Research Consultant at User Intelligence
- Brian Pagán User Experience Consultant at User Intelligence